Every owner is a member of the community's Homeowner Association:
- Without regard to the home’s location in the development
- Without regard to the home’s builder
- Without regard to the home being an attached townhome or detached single family home
Each owner of an attached townhome is also a member of the Condo Association. Consequently, each townhome owner belongs to two Sawgrass associations.
Each Association was established by its own Declaration and Bylaws, documents which were filed with and approved by Sussex County in 2006. These documents, together with resolutions/amendments that subsequently revised those original documents, define and govern both the Homeowner and Condo Associations.
Each association is financially supported by assessments or dues paid by owners:
- Single family owners pay dues only to the Homeowner Association
- Condo owners pay dues to both the Homeowner and Condo Association
- Expenses are carefully allocated between each Association
- Each association maintains a separate & distinct reserve fund
Single family homeowners pay the Homeowner Association for:
- Landscaping & trash removal for their individual homes
- Maintenance of the common elements contained in the Homeowner Association's geography, as defined by the Declaration and Plat map
- A reserve fund for the Homeowner Association
Single family homeowners do not pay fees pertaining explicitly to Condos.
Condo owners pay the Homeowner Association for:
- Maintenance of the common elements in the Homeowner Association's geography, such as the clubhouses and landscaping the common areas
- Trash & Recycling removal
- A reserve fund for the Homeowner association
Condo owners do not pay fees to the Homeowner Association for services that explicitly pertain to detached homeowners' individual lots, such as landscaping for single family residences.
Condo owners pay the Condo Association for:
- A group condo insurance policy
- Maintenance of the common elements contained in the Condo geography, as defined by the Declaration and the community's plat map
- A reserve fund for the Condo Association